RN's and Surgical Tech's, please go to the Center For Surgery Specialty website for employment opportunities.
Clinical Athletic Trainer
Orthopedic + Fracture Specialists' ATC Department is currently seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of a clinical athletic trainer. Applicants with experience serving as an assist in the operating room are encouraged to apply. Job responsibilities include clinical duties, outreach at local area high schools and clubs, and serving as a preceptor for Athletic Training students and in the Athletic Training Residency Program, and surgical first assist duties for qualified candidates. This is an hourly position with a very competitive benefits package. Pay is commensurate with experience.
- Assist in day-to-day functions of the clinic, including obtaining and recording patient history and physical examination
- Assist in coverage of other employees and maintain flexibility in changing offices, stations, or assignments as necessary
- Assist with patient phone calls, paperwork, and voicemails
- Assist with additional duties such as braces, DME, and casting
- Serve as a surgical first assist to multiple orthopedic surgeons (if applicable)
- Assist in all aspects of surgical assisting including patient positioning, draping, splinting, and room turnover (if applicable)
- Provide athletic training services as part of the 503-ATHLETE community outreach program. This will include some weekends and evenings
- Serve as preceptor for students from athletic training education programs
- ATC certification
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the physician practice setting
- OTC certification or equivalent preferred
- Completion of a post-professional athletic training residency program preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the operating room preferred
- Computer knowledge and experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective written and oral communications
- Strong ability to triage and work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness and desire to work as part of a team
Qualified candidates should complete the employment application below and hit submit once finished. Please also submit a cover letter, resume, 3 letters of recommendation, and desired pay-range to:
Ken Takenaka, Clinical Director
PACU-RN - Pre/Post
Center for Specialty Surgery looking for a full-time, Pre/Post, PACU RN to join our diverse team! If you are looking to expand your skills, be involved, or a better balance in work/life and be part of a family culture/ environment, we would like to speak with you!
Specialties include: Orthopedic (sports medicine/fractures), Podiatry, Hand, Foot/ankle, Spine, Total Joint Replacements, Plastic, Dental, and Pain Management.
- Provide skilled nursing care and assessment skills in the preoperative/post-operative phases
- Review patient charts for health history and to assure that the necessary pre-operative evaluations have been completed. Make sure surgery consent for surgery has been obtained.
- Perform patient assessments, start IV’s, and administer necessary medications ordered.
- Care for recovering patients from sedation/anesthesia.
- Surveil patients for early recognition and immediate emergency treatment of medical or surgical complications.
- Possess excellent communication skills that will lend to pre/post-operative education and instructions to the patient and their caregiver, asking for confirmation of understanding throughout the giving of instructions to assure continuity of care.
- Take an active role on committees within the department
- Be able to multi-task, be highly organized, have a positive attitude, and work well within a team setting
- 1 year Pre/post, PACU experience
- Proficient IV skills
- Availability to work 10 hour variable shifts Monday-Friday
- BLS & ACLS certification is required within 30 days of hire
- Orthopedic experience preferred, but not required
Please complete the employment application HERE to submit your application.
For all other job inquiries:
Please complete the employment application below and hit submit once finished.