A sudden injury or pain can limit you in your daily activities. Orthopedic + Fracture Specialists has an array of in-house Radiology and Ultrasound tools to help you Put Your Life in Motion.
What to Expect
When you arrive for your appointment, we will likely conduct a physical examination and obtain x-rays using our state-of-the-art x-ray machines! To best prepare for your appointment, we recommend that you wear clothing that lacks any metal objects such as buttons, zippers, underwires, or clips. Wear loose-fitting clothing that allows for unrestricted movement and allows your healthcare team to visibly see the area being examined. We generally advise against jeans, and please be prepared to remove jewelry such as bracelets, rings, and earrings.
Upper Extremity (Shoulder, neck, and upper back):
- If an x-ray is ordered, you will be asked to remove necklaces, earrings, and any garments with metallic objects, such as bras with underwire, hooks, or adjustment straps. Even plastic typically has metal underneath.
- We recommend wearing clothing that is loose fitting, allows your healthcare team to see the area well and allows for unrestricted movement. Thin-strapped tank tops are a great example.
Lower Extremity (Hips, knees, foot, and ankle):
- If an x-ray is ordered, you will be asked to remove anklets and any garments with metallic objects such as zippers, buttons, or grommets. You may also be asked to remove your footwear, so we advise wearing something that is easy to slip in and out of.
- We recommend wearing clothing that is loose fitting, allows your healthcare team to see the area well and allows for unrestricted movement. We recommend AGAINST jeans. Tight-fitting leggings can be restrictive when pulled up above the knee. Athletic shorts or loose-fitting sweatpants work well.
- If an x-ray is ordered, you will be asked to remove anything with metallic objects from the shoulders to the knees. This includes necklaces, earrings, and any garments with metallic objects, such as bras with underwire, hooks, or adjustment straps, and pants with metallic zippers, buttons, or grommets.
- We recommend wearing clothing that is loose fitting, allows your healthcare team to see the area well and allows for unrestricted movement.
YOUR PEACE OF MIND
- Thanks to the advanced design of this X-Ray system, you and your healthcare provider will have a clear understanding of your health in no time.
A SAFE AND COMFORTABLE EXPERIENCE
- Its solid design ensures minimal vibration and instability, making you feel secure during your X-ray. Precision-focused equipment means accurate positioning tailored to your comfort. While compact, this system is designed to make the most of the space, ensuring a smooth experience for you.
HIGH-QUALITY IMAGES, FASTER DIAGNOSES
- The state-of-the-art 17"x17" Cesium iodide (CSI) detector provides excellent visuals of both bone and soft tissue in just one exposure. This not only ensures a quicker procedure for you but also aids your healthcare provider in making quicker and more accurate diagnoses.
EFFICIENT AND CONVENIENT FOR PATIENTS
- The KDR Advanced U-arm System is patient-centric. It swiftly moves into position, and with instant retrieval of exam details, the system is ready for your examination without unnecessary delays. This ensures minimal repositioning on your part, making your experience more comfortable. For comprehensive views, the system even offers stitching options, combining multiple images for detailed long bone, spine, and full-body insights.
QUICK AND SIMPLE PROCEDURES
- You don't have to wait long. After your exposure, you can expect to see the results within three seconds on the display. This not only keeps you informed but also ensures that the next procedure is ready without extended waiting times.
TAILORED TO YOUR COMFORT
- Your comfort is a priority. The system allows for transitions between positions without requiring you to move. It's versatile enough to cater to all common radiology views, ensuring a seamless experience whether you're seated, standing, or even in a wheelchair.
- If you have had imaging done in the last year from another facility, you can request that the facility send a CD via mail to our facility. Be advised that this is not always timely and can sometimes be lost in the mail. If your appointment is soon or you want to make sure images, make it here on time for your appointment, we recommend hand carrying a CD of your previous imaging to the clinic for your appointment.
- Please note that your Surgeon, Physician or Advanced Practitioner may decide to order additional imaging to aid in your diagnosis and treatment.